Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, South Africa
Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, Port Alfred, South Africa
Breathtaking coastline and abundant wildlife. Two things that South Africa’s renowned for, but most visitors will have to choose between the two or split time between locations to enjoy them both.
At Oceana Beach and Wildlife, a luxury game lodge near Port Alfred in the Eastern Cape, the furthest you need to travel is your doorstep for either a signature bushveld experience or a marine adventure.
Situated in the only wildlife reserve on the beach in the country, our unique position means that guests can enjoy a game drive in the morning, a walk on the sands in the afternoon, and total relaxation in between.
Where Ocean, Earth and Heaven Meet
A stay at Oceana is an intimate experience, with accommodation in individual private chalets with spacious decks boasting super king size beds, walk-in showers and jet baths, as well as uninterrupted views of bush, sea and sky.
Game drives offer almost guaranteed sightings of the free-roaming wildlife, including the reserve’s precious white rhino, zebra, giraffe, buffalo, gemsbok and an impressive population of birds.
Or head for the 7km of private white sand beachfront, where you can soak up the sun on a sundeck with desert island views of the Indian Ocean, or enjoy rock and surf fishing, whale watching or long, barefoot walks along the tide line.
Back at the lodge, there’s an Africa-shaped pool to dip in, delicious five star dining to enjoy, and stars to be gazed at, from the peace and quiet of your beach and wildlife haven.
Oceana offers a range of distinguished accommodation for your comfort including three Lodge Suites situated in the main lodge, four Ocean Suites designed for privacy and three suites in the Private Ocean House. Embraced by the forest they gaze through leafy screens at an expanse of blue and white waves.
All suites can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults per suite.
Children are accommodated with adults in the Ocean Suites.
The three Lodge Suites are situated within the main lodge buidling – each boasting a private deck, offering beautiful views of the bush and ocean.
These suites all have king-sized beds, a lounge area and en-suite bathrooms with both shower and jet bath facilities.
A mini-bar and tea & coffee making station, is situated in the adjacent Games Room.
The Ocean Suites are free standing units, beautifully placed amoungst the trees, each with private decks, offering spectacular ocean and bush views.
All suites have king-sized beds, a sleeper couch, en-suite “His” (double shower) & “Hers” (jet-bath) bathrooms, a tea & coffee making station as well as a mini-bar.
Space is available to include an additional bed for a third child, where necessary.
Private Ocean House
The Private Ocean House is a sole-use option for small groups (a minimum of 4 adults, and maximum of 6 adults), offering three suites; each with king-sized beds.
A private deck runs around the front of the house, showcasing unique views over the bush and ocean. Exclusive to the house also, is a heated Jacuzzi plunge pool.
- Air conditioning/heating
- En-suite bathroom, with separate shower and jet bath
- Under floor heating
- Flat screen television, with satellite channels, radio, CD player
- DVD player
- Heated towel rails
- Electronic safe
- Fitted international adaptors
- Dining Room
- Fully equipped spa with single therapy room and steam room Lounge
- Gym: treadmills, weights, walker, rowing machine, stepper and Pilates ball
- Swimming Pool
- DVD Library
- Games Room with pool table, shuffle board, movie theatre and guest computers
- Cigar humidor
- Boma area for outdoor drinks and/or dining
- Deck with 180 degree ocean view
- Lounge with bar and casual lunch venue
- Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout
- Curio Shop
- Child-minding services available on request
- Laundry services available on request
- Complimentary transfers onto the beach where towels, water, sunblock, day beds and loungers are provided.
- Beach Walks (7km of private beach)
- Boules on the Beach
- Surf & Rock Fishing
- Sundowners or Picnics on the Beach Deck (wooden platform on the dune, overlooking the ocean) or relax on the hammock bed
- Bush Picnics or Sundowners
- Game Drives
- Curio Shop (clothes, books and souvenirs)
- Fully Equipped Spa
- Steam Room
- Games Room (Pool Table, Shuffleboard, Movie Lounge, Board Games)
- 5 Hole Putting Green on Heli Pad
- Texas Pitching Washers
- Whale Watching from the Lodge (seasonal)
East London 130 km (Approximately 1hr40 minutes’ drive)
Port Elizabeth 150 km (Approximately 1hr45 minutes’ drive)
CO-ORDINATES: S 33˚ 33’ 438” E 026˚ 58’ 669” Elevation 77 metres
From Port Elizabeth
- Follow the N2 and take the R72 exit through Alexandria, Kenton on Sea and Port Alfred.
- Continue on this road towards East London.
- Approximately 9 km outside of Port Alfred, turn right at the Oceana sign.
- Once through the gate, follow the paved road until reception is reached. Continue on this road towards East London.
- Approximately 8 km outside of Port Alfred, turn right at the Oceana sign.
Once through the gate, follow the paved road until reception is reached.
From East London
- Follow the R72 towards Port Alfred for approximately 130 km and turn left at the Oceana sign.
- Once through the gate, follow the paved road until reception is reached.