Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, South Africa
Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve, Port Alfred, South Africa
Oceana is one of the few places in Africa to combine beach, bush and wildlife in one experience.
Situated in the malaria-free Eastern Cape region, you will find Oceana, set on seven kilometres of private beachfront, overlooking the Indian Ocean.
It offers a unique variety of luxury suites, each allowing guests spectacular bush and sea views, surrounded by bushbuck, birds and other wildlife including rhino and buffalo.
Where Ocean, Earth and Heaven Meet
Some very discerning world travellers have called it the most beautiful place on Earth.
It began as a personal sanctuary along a vast, private expanse of world famous pristine beach in the heart of South Africa’s Eastern Cape region; and is now an ultra-luxurious haven for world travellers, offering 5-star dining.
One of a kind amenities and endless pampering unlike any other, all nestled in the midst of an exotic ocean/game reserve.
From the first moment you arrive.
- Post-card scenery
- The only wildlife reserve on the beach in South Africa
- An experience of natural luxury
- Fun activities for the whole family
- A tailor made stay
- World class cuisine
Oceana offers a range of distinguished accommodation for your comfort including three Lodge Suites situated in the main lodge, four Ocean Suites designed for privacy and three suites in the Private Ocean House. Embraced by the forest they gaze through leafy screens at an expanse of blue and white waves.
All suites can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults per suite.
Children are accommodated with adults in the Ocean Suites.
The three Lodge Suites are situated within the main lodge buidling – each boasting a private deck, offering beautiful views of the bush and ocean.
These suites all have king-sized beds, a lounge area and en-suite bathrooms with both shower and jet bath facilities.
A mini-bar and tea & coffee making station, is situated in the adjacent Games Room.
The Ocean Suites are free standing units, beautifully placed amoungst the trees, each with private decks, offering spectacular ocean and bush views.
All suites have king-sized beds, a sleeper couch, en-suite “His” (double shower) & “Hers” (jet-bath) bathrooms, a tea & coffee making station as well as a mini-bar.
Space is available to include an additional bed for a third child, where necessary.
Private Ocean House
The Private Ocean House is a sole-use option for small groups (a minimum of 4 adults, and maximum of 6 adults), offering three suites; each with king-sized beds.
A private deck runs around the front of the house, showcasing unique views over the bush and ocean. Exclusive to the house also, is a heated Jacuzzi plunge pool.
- Air conditioning/heating
- En-suite bathroom, with separate shower and jet bath
- Under floor heating
- Flat screen television, with satellite channels, radio, CD player
- DVD player
- Heated towel rails
- Electronic safe
- Fitted international adaptors
- Dining Room
- Fully equipped spa with single therapy room and steam room Lounge
- Gym: treadmills, weights, walker, rowing machine, stepper and Pilates ball
- Swimming Pool
- DVD Library
- Games Room with pool table, shuffle board, movie theatre and guest computers
- Cigar humidor
- Boma area for outdoor drinks and/or dining
- Deck with 180 degree ocean view
- Lounge with bar and casual lunch venue
- Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout
- Curio Shop
- Child-minding services available on request
- Laundry services available on request
- Complimentary transfers onto the beach where towels, water, sunblock, day beds and loungers are provided.
- Beach Walks (7km of private beach)
- Boules on the Beach
- Surf & Rock Fishing
- Sundowners or Picnics on the Beach Deck (wooden platform on the dune, overlooking the ocean) or relax on the hammock bed
- Bush Picnics or Sundowners
- Game Drives
- Curio Shop (clothes, books and souvenirs)
- Fully Equipped Spa
- Steam Room
- Games Room (Pool Table, Shuffleboard, Movie Lounge, Board Games)
- 5 Hole Putting Green on Heli Pad
- Texas Pitching Washers
- Whale Watching from the Lodge (seasonal)
East London 130 km (Approximately 1hr40 minutes’ drive)
Port Elizabeth 150 km (Approximately 1hr45 minutes’ drive)
CO-ORDINATES: S 33˚ 33’ 438” E 026˚ 58’ 669” Elevation 77 metres
From Port Elizabeth
- Follow the N2 and take the R72 exit through Alexandria, Kenton on Sea and Port Alfred.
- Continue on this road towards East London.
- Approximately 9 km outside of Port Alfred, turn right at the Oceana sign.
- Once through the gate, follow the paved road until reception is reached. Continue on this road towards East London.
- Approximately 8 km outside of Port Alfred, turn right at the Oceana sign.
Once through the gate, follow the paved road until reception is reached.
From East London
- Follow the R72 towards Port Alfred for approximately 130 km and turn left at the Oceana sign.
- Once through the gate, follow the paved road until reception is reached.