Regular visitors to Ellenborough Park, our luxury spa hotel in Cheltenham, will already know the rejuvenating remedies for the stresses and strains of daily life that await behind the doors of the Indian-themed spa. Now Ellenborough’s already impressive range of blissful treatments incorporates the best of British, with the launch of Ila at The Spa last month.
Ila’s philosophy is one of purity and energy, luxurious organic products that are as effective as they are ethical. Celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz are fans of the brand, which only uses natural elements from plants and minerals in all their products. Ingredients read like a seductive round-the-world journey: jasmine from the Himalayas, incense from Matunga in India, babassu oil from deep in the Amazon rainforest, argan and cactus oil from the Berbers of Morocco, apricot oil from remote villages in Pakistan. In each of these places, Ila invests in sustainable farming projects and community development. Back in the UK, among the rolling hills and luxury spa hotels of the Cotswolds, Ila’s barns house fragrant blending rooms, where products are blended by hand to the peaceful sound of an eastern chant, before being distributed to an exclusive collection of spas and hotels.
Ellenborough’s body treatments menu now includes five from Ila’s range:
- The Kundalini Treatment: an hour-long back treatment incorporating chakra and sound healing (don’t be surprised if it leads to the best night’s sleep you’ve had in years)
- Blissful Body Renewal: a scrub using healing Himalayan salt crystals to renew body and mind
- Amethyst Wrap: a detoxifying scrub and transformative bio-energy body wrap, for clarity or bliss
- Pregnancy Treatment: the perfect nourishing experience for mother and baby, using hot Himalayan poultices and scents of lavender, geranium and rose
- Ila Experience: the ultimate Ila combination – two hours of sheer heaven, including a body scrub, full Body Balm massage and facial.