Become a conservation volunteer in Mauritius when you join us at Kestrel Valley for an immersible and life-changing experience!
Biodiversity is of high importance to the Republic of Mauritius. Apart from the essential role forests, agriculture, inland water, wetlands, coastal, and marine biodiversity play in providing important ecosystem services (provisioning, regulating, supporting and cultural); they represent a key component of mitigation and adaptation measures for climate change impacts, disaster risk reduction, economy, and human well-being.
What your experience entails:
- Reforestation project
- Marine conservation
- Monitoring of the endemic Mauritian Kestrel
- Endemic Fruit Bat conservation
- Beach clean ups with data collection
- Visit “conservation island” Ille Aux Aigrettes
- Learn about the history and experience culture of Mauritius
- Community projects
- Biodiversity transects
- Explore Mauritius in your downtime