A Statement from Mantis
Thursday, 19 March 2020
Mantis’ first priority is always the safety and well-being of our teams and guests. We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the Novel Coronavirus. We are following government health advice on how best to ensure the safety of our staff and guests in the current circumstances. We will continue to remain vigilant around the situation and will provide you with regular updates. Anyone seeking the latest official updates should be directed to the Ministry of Health or Government Authorities in their own country.
Measure and checks throughout Mantis properties:
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities (including the WHO and CDC) to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of a hospital-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizers.
We have activated our regional response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels and are prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a case of coronavirus at one of our properties.
Q: What is your hotel doing to reduce the risk?
A: Our hotel has been issued with instructions on how to implement additional hygiene procedures including cleaning and disinfection; and how to identify and manage any suspected cases. Rigorous hygiene is one of the best ways to avoid the spread of such viruses.
Q: What are you doing if a guest is showing you signs of infection?
A: We are following the advice of medical and government authorities to limit the spread of this virus. This includes isolating anyone showing symptoms and notifying the relevant medical authorities.
Q: What are you doing to protect your guests?
A: The comfort and safety of our guests is paramount. We are in close communication with our travel partners and agents to provide current and up to date guidance on this situation as it evolves. The Hotel Management team is trained to follow the official guidelines which have been instituted by medical and government authorities, to limit the spread of this virus.
Q: What are you doing if an employee is showing signs of infection?
A: We are following official guidelines and closely monitoring the advice of medical and government authorities to limit the spread of this virus. These include isolating anyone showing any symptoms and notifying relevant medical authorities.
Q: What are you doing to protect your employees?
A: The safety and well-being of our employees remain our highest priorities. Should an employee show symptoms of infection, they are advised not to attend their place of work and to notify their employer immediately. Medical assistance will be provided in a safe quarantine environment to mitigate the further risk of contamination.
How will Mantis manage reservation going forward
Postponement & Cancellations
As the world tries to gain clarity on the impact of COVID-19, and the travel culture around the globe is throttled by fear and uncertainty, Mantis is mindful that guests’ impending travel plans may need to change. We are fully committed to supporting our guests and trade partners through this time and assure you of more flexible booking and payment terms and conditions. The below is with the exception of The Zambezi Queen Collection, The Last Word Hotels and Oceana Beach & Wildlife Reserve.
- All bookings scheduled to arrive in the period between now and 30 April 2020, no cancellation fees will apply.
- We invite our guests to postpone their reservations to any date up until 20 December 2021, bookings postponed will receive a 20% discount on the current seasonal 2020 rates, no additional cancellation or penalty fees apply. Not applicable on promotional offers. For bookings that have already been postponed, the above will be applied respectively.
- All bookings will revert to original payment & cancellation policies once they have been re-booked for new travelling dates.
- Book between now and 30 June 2020 and you will receive a 20% off the current published rates. Not applicable on promotional offers.
- 20% deposit required within 14 days after making your reservation.
- Should guests wish to postpone their reservations, new travel dates must be between now and 20 December 2021, bookings postponed will receive a 20% discount on the current seasonal 2020 rates, no additional cancellation or penalty fees apply.
We are grateful for the guidance provided by industry associates, as well as the support and collaboration we have received from our trade partners. We are optimistic that we will get through this quickly, and that the South African travel industry will thrive once more.