Man and nature together is sustainable
Travel with purpose
At Mantis, our underlying philosophy is one of socially and ecologically responsible sensitive development and operations, supports the local environment and communities. Our legacy is built on the acknowledgement that operating in pristine and remote destinations carries a responsibility to the environment, wildlife and communities.
We are committed to exploring ways to help and educate others about conservation, wherever possible. We aspire to do better. We inspire our guests to do better.
We believe Mantis’ growth and respectability in the marketplace has been founded on our respect of the environment and communities, allowing us to offer unique experiences that reconnect people with nature, bringing the Mantis acronym to life: Man And Nature Together Is Sustainable.
Mantis promises luxury hospitality, but never at the expense of our planet. We promote adventures that have been carefully crafted, without harming the natural world. Our conservation team runs pioneering conservation projects. We upskill and employ local community members, support community projects that drive upliftment, and promote indigenous designers, artists and other local talent. Guests enjoy a taste of sustainability through our ecofriendly amenities and experiential dining offerings. Our guests make a positive difference through our impact experiences. To travel with Mantis is to travel with purpose.
We invite you to be a part of the Mantis legacy.
We are guided by our 3 passions: Conservation, Sustainability and Celebrating Locality.
Our conservation priority is preserving the natural environment and biodiversity for future generations. This includes projects focusing on the protection of endangered species and habitats, and various environmental awareness campaigns.
Planet21, Accor’s sustainable development program, a guide with quantified goals to achieve, is rolled out at each Mantis property. Our guests are encouraged to make use of our foundation’s carbon reduction calculator to offset carbon emissions from travel.
Respect for the historic heritage, authentic culture, traditions, and distinctiveness of local communities. Engagement with leaders in local communities to obtain their input and approval for activities in their communities. Support for local businesses. Strong and authentic commitment to empowering the local communities in a way that maintains dignity and avoids, reduces and eliminates dependency. Responsible exit strategies from community projects.
- Using our portfolio as a platform to make a positive difference for our planet and communities through a localised approach at our hotels, their surrounding environment, and local communities
- Achieve this positive difference through projects that are authentic and sustainable
- Inviting our guests to actively join us in making a real impact
- Creating life-changing, immersive experiences
- Empowering people to become conservation ambassadors
- Thoughtfully designed, ethical and unique experiences that reconnect people with the natural world in a way that inspires a deep reverence for our planet
- Uplifting communities
- Achieving travel experiences that are responsible, sustainable and regenerative
- Connecting like-minded people to grow the conservation community
- Responding to emerging new trends in sustainable travel